Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Wakey, Wakey, Rise and Shine!

Dad was off to the sale yards again today, another load of meat lambs. I really wanted to help Dad out this morning so I set the alarm. It seems I didn't need to worry about the alarm clock, the tweeting birds woke me up at 6.30am.

A quick bowl of weet-bix, dressed and I disappeared with Dad.

I love working in the sheepyards, I am getting good at moving the sheep about on my own, without anyone's help BUT my mate Beau.


 
 
 
 
BUT there are some things....that I am not quite big enough for...
 
I can only just reach the gate latches...
 
 
and I can only just get in and out of the truck on my own.
 
 
BUT I can tie Beau up and look after him!
 
 
Mum and Dad are a little disappointed today, the lambs made $116.50. The market must be cheaper than Friday, because the lambs were nearly as good but made a lot less money. Alot of work went into the lambs so we would like to get the best money we can.
 
Remember pulling the lambs as they were born, marking the lambs for diseases, crutching the lambs to keep their bottoms clean. WE really looked after them well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...