Friday, February 25, 2011

Working the Land

With all the lambs we are expecting in April, we need to make sure we have plenty of grass to feed them. The ewes make lots of good milk on green grass.
Winter can be very cold here and the grass does not grow much, we grow crops to make sure we have plenty of feed for the sheep and cows.
Today Dad has been on the tractor, preparing the soil for sowing. He needs to make a good seed bed to plant the seeds. I love to ride in the tractor....but sometimes it is a bit bumpy!


We took Dad a picnic lunch and found the best picnic spot.


I found a giant feather, probably from a wedge tail eagle. 
I love to find treasures.......and I think I may have found a spot where fairies dance around giant toadstools. What do you think?



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...